Saturday 12 December 2009

STAR QUILT



I have made 16 stars varying in size from 6inches to 18inches. They are going to be put together in a very random order, filled in between with pieces of various sizes in all the pale fabrics used in the stars. Eventually it will be a king size quilt.
I wanted something in all the lovely white on whites and creams. Threw in a little gold and black and hope that whatever colour I end up decorating my bedroom it will sit happily in there.
Done a bit of machine applique again, this time for a wall hanging Christmas tree. Enjoyed making it as it so SOOO quick and easy.

Luckily I don't have to sew in the living room as it has been transformed overnight. On the plus side you can no longer see the carpet which desperately needs a shampoo !! One overnighter has gone so only one staying on for the day.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I love the fabrics for your star quilt. I can't wait to see it all done. It should be beautiful.

Karen said...

Beautiful stars! And, the Christmas tree!!